Sugathadasa Squash Complex is conveniently located near the badminton courts and gymnasium, just inside the main gate of the indoor stadium on the left side. This state-of-the-art facility features four airconditioned squash courts with wooden floors, designed to optimize player performance while reducing the risk of injuries.The well-maintained surroundings create an enthusiastic atmosphere, enhancing the enjoyment of the game. The complex offers excellent facilities for practice sessions and events, and it’s easily accessible to the general public for reserving courts and enjoying squash with friends. Spectators can appreciate matches in a dedicated common area, and organizers have the resources to efficiently manage their activities. Additionally, the complex includes four air-conditioned men’s and women’s changing rooms, ensuring participants’ comfort during competitions.
The facility was a brainchild of V.A. Sugathadasa, the former Mayor of Colombo Municipal Council and the first Minister of Sports in Sri Lanka and construction of the Sugathadasa Outdoor Stadium commenced on January 16, 1957 and completed on December 16, 1962. Subsequent to various other development initiatives, the Sugathadasa National Sports Complex was entrusted to the Ministry of Sports as a trust fund with effect from 1st of February 1995 and the Act No. 17 of 1999 was submitted to the Parliament of Sri Lanka on 20th April 1999 for incorporating it as the Sugathadasa National Sports Complex.