Cabinet Ministry :
Ministry of Youth & Sports
MINISTER OF IRRIGATION, SPORTS AND YOUTH AFFAIRS
Hon. Roshan Ranasinghe
SECRETARY OF YOUTH & SPORTS
Dr. Amal Harsha De Silva
To be the leader in sports in Asia
To build a consolidated and prosperous land by grooming every citizen to be an energetic, healthy disciplined and dignified person through formulation of National policies and implementing same.
- To make Sports an integral part of Sri Lankan Culture and Society.
- To utilize Sports to enrich the quality of life, physical wellbeing and health of all Sri Lankans.
- To provide knowledge, access and the opportunity for everyone to participate in Sports and enjoy its benefits.
- To make available resources and appropriate infrastructure for the overall development of Sport.
- To assist every Sri Lankan to achieve optimum potential in Sport and ensure that Sri Lanka’s international image as a successful sporting nation is both viable and sustainable.
- To develop a Sports Industry in Sri Lanka, create new employment and contribute to the promotion of economic growth.
- To utilize the field of sports as one of the main foreign exchange earner of Sri Lanka.
- To bring peace and communal harmony through the sports.
- Formulation of policies, relevant subjects of Departments and statutory institutions in relation to the subject of sport.
- Taking necessary action to encourage sports activities and provision of necessary infrastructure facilities in order to achieve desired tasks.
- Promotion of sports education.
- Work out new methodologies and programmes in order to make use of the sport to build Sri Lanka’s image internationally.
- Promotion of necessary facilities and coordination whch is imperative for physical fitness of the general public.
- All other activities relevant to the subjects assigned to the associate Departments, statutory bodies and public corporations affiliated to the Ministry of Sports.
- Supervision of associated departments, statutory bodies and public corporations affiliated to the Ministry of Sports.